Sure, anyone can throw some chicken on the grill, but the accompanying pesto mayonnaise makes this dish really special.
And if you're feeling fancy you can even jazz up the chicken with a filling. Cut a pocket in the middle of the thickest part of the chicken breast and fill with two sundried tomatoes (the ones in oil) and a teaspoon each of goat cheese and pesto. Secure with a toothpick. Proceed with recipe as written but cook a few minutes longer.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, patted dry
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup each of pesto and mayonnaise
1. Preheat barbeque to high.
2. Toss chicken in a bowl with garlic and oil to coat then season with salt and pepper. This is a good job for young helpers.
3. Grill chicken about 6 minutes per side or until completely cooked. Reduce heat slightly if you are getting flare-ups. The breast should feel firm at its thickest part.
4. Stir pesto and mayonnaise together in a bowl.
5. Serve chicken immediately with a large dollop of pesto mayonnaise.
Makes 4 servings.